Surprise Stadium Complex Tournament Guide and Policy
Surprise Stadium and our baseball tournament organizers welcome you to Arizona! As you prepare for your baseball event, please know that we are hard at work taking extra precautions to help you enjoy your event and stay safe and healthy. Below are some of the guidelines, precautions and rules to expect upon your arrival to the Surprise Stadium Complex.
Please make sure to also check your tournament organizer’s guidelines and rules to ensure you are fully prepared for the event.
COVID-19 Precautions and Guidelines for Surprise Stadium Complex
In compliance with the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidance and the State of Arizona guidance for organized youth activities we have adopted the following guidelines:
- Each participant may have one (1) parent or guardian accompany them into the facility. No additional spectators will be allowed into the facility. This is to comply with the State of Arizona’s current executive order regarding gathering sizes and in an effort to reverse the spread of COVID-19.
- Everyone over the age of two are required to wear a face covering while in all public settings within the City of Surprise, including the Surprise Stadium Baseball Complex, in compliance with the City's Emergency Proclamation. Face coverings are not required while engaging in athletic activity if a minimum of six (6) feet physical distancing can be maintained. Additional exceptions are listed in the Proclamation. (CDC guidelines for proper face coverings)
- To help discourage large gathering areas, parents are encouraged to provide their own chairs as there will be no shared seating such as bleachers.
- Attendees must stay within accessible areas as designated, maintaining safe physical distancing of 6 feet separation from others within the facility.
- Everyone is asked to follow posted signs and staff directions when in the facility. This includes notices of limited access and restricted areas. Guests choosing not to follow posted signs and staff directions may be asked to leave the facility.
- Game/event times are subject to change; staggered start times may be implemented to avoid high traffic on walking areas and paths.
- Parents, coaches and athletes are responsible for providing their own drinking water / individual water bottles per the CDC guidance. Water jugs and water fountains will not be provided or accessible onsite.
- Parents, spectators and teams are asked to leave the event premises immediately after game has been completed.
- Everyone is asked to avoid congregating anywhere within the facility.
- Safety protocols will be implemented at concession stands with ground markings to encourage 6 feet of social distancing and protective barriers for the cashier.
Anyone who is feeling sick, regardless of their symptoms, should not attend or play in any tournament/event at the Surprise Stadium Complex. In addition, the City of Surprise and Surprise Stadium are encouraging guests who fit into a vulnerable population, including those with underlying health conditions, to not attend games and events at Surprise Stadium. For all event attendees, we ask that you follow the health tips listed below:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use hand sanitizer.
- Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash and clean your hands.
Surprise Stadium Complex is taking additional measures to help ensure everyone’s safety including:
- Continuous scheduled disinfection of high-touch surfaces throughout the complex.
- Scheduled additional time between games for additional sanitizing measures within the dugout and competition areas.
- Facilitation of social distancing, including additional signs to help us all practice safe social distancing.
We remain in constant contact with state and local officials to ensure that we are doing what is best for our visitors and teams. We continue to work diligently to put your continued health and safety first. Do not forget to check the policies provided by your tournament organizer; those guidelines and policies will also be posted and enforced within the Surprise Stadium Complex.
Surprise Stadium Complex Rules
- Prohibited Items:
- Animals, with the exception of service animals
- Firearms or weapons of any kind
- Smoking – throughout the entire complex
- Outside Food and Beverage are allowed; trash receptacles are conveniently located throughout the park and trash must be disposed of in these containers.
Thank you for your cooperation, patience and understanding during this unprecedented time. We appreciate your loyalty and support!